Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Konichiwa

Dear reader — The traffic to this site has been trending up steadily over the summer and I am truly touched that there are people who actually want to read my ramblings and then...come back for more!

I'd like to offer you, as a token of my gratitude, a mix CD I just made. It's called Konichiwa, and it even sports some hand-drawn artwork to go (pic at left). If you're interested, I'd be glad to send it your way. You can drop me an e-mail and let me know a snail-mail address I can send it to.

The idea for this mix was born when I first encountered the song "Konichiwa Bitches" by Swedish teen-pop singer Robyn, flat-out one of the funniest, smartest tunes I've heard in months. The album remains unreleased in the U.S. but I scored the song from Fluxblog earlier this year. As for the Konichiwa mix, it is mostly a melange of indie-rock and hip-hop with a dash of jazz seasoning:

  • "Konichiwa Bitches" (Robyn)
  • "Venus" (Chris Stamey & Yo La Tengo) orig. by Television
  • "Dying In Stereo" (Northern State)
  • "What's On Your Mind?" (Eric B. & Rakim)
  • "Dream Girl" (Miho Hatori of Cibo Matto with Baldwin Brothers)
  • "Don't You Want Me?" (Future Bible Heroes) orig. by Human League
  • "Little Digger" (Liz Phair)
  • "Inside And Out" (Feist) orig. by Bee Gees
  • "The Girl I Can't Forget" (Fountains Of Wayne)
  • "Here I Dreamt I Was An Architect" (Decemberists)
  • "Nothing Is Cool" (McEnroe & Birdapres)
  • "Get It Through Your Heart" (Robert Palmer)
  • "What Cha' Gonna Do For Me" (Chaka Khan)
  • "Know That" (Mos Def)
  • "Hear The Wind Blow" (Dean Wareham & Britta Phillips) orig. by Mazzy Star
  • "Fools Fall In Love" (John Pizzarelli)
  • "Harvest" (The Shins) orig. by Neil Young
  • "The Nearness Of You" (Ricky Nelson)
  • "Moody's Mood For Love" (Urbaniak)
  • "Moody's Mood For Love" (King Pleasure)
  • "Something Good" (Caetano Veloso)

Thank you for continuing to come by!

4 Comments:

Blogger Campaspe said...

This is wonderful! I will have to get Mr. Campaspe to download for me. What a great idea.

August 11, 2005 7:29 PM  
Blogger girish said...

Alas, Campaspe, I'm a bandwidth pauper and couldn't put these tunes up for download. But I did make a CD mix of these which I can gladly dispatch by snail-mail if you like.

August 11, 2005 7:34 PM  
Blogger Booklad said...

Looks like a great mix. Thanks for the music!

August 13, 2005 12:47 PM  
Blogger Campaspe said...

Ack, I am sorry I missed this, and didn't catch you before you left for T-town! I will email. Cheers!

August 15, 2005 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home