Toronto Film Festival--Looking Back
I've got the film festival withdrawal blues.
After twenty-one films in a week, today feels like an eerie vacuum. It will take a day or two longer to get re-adjusted to reality.
- Cafe Lumiere--Hou Hsiao-Hsien, Japan.
- L'Intrus--Claire Denis, France.
- Ghost In The Shell II--Mamoru Oshii, Japan.
- The Holy Girl--Lucretia Martel, Argentina.
- Clean--Olivier Assayas, France.
- 10th District Court--Raymond Depardon, France.
- Demain On Demenage--Chantal Akerman, France.
Over the years, I've discovered a nice rule of thumb. A good year for French cinema automatically means a good year for Toronto.